Shaping the future of healthcare in Texas through innovative nursing leadership.
To represent nurse leaders in Texas who improve healthcare through collaboration and innovation.
Within a rapidly changing environment, TONE exists as a forum for nurse leaders to advocate and facilitate the provision of compassionate, effective, and efficient healthcare with an emphasis on Nursingâ€™s role in that process.
TONE's objectives are:
- To provide a mechanism for the interchange of ideas and dissemination of information and materials relative to nursing service administration and management.
- To provide a forum for health care nurse leaders to speak to issues relevant to nursing.
- To promote educational programs dealing with current issues relevant to nursing administration
and health care issues.
- To promote nursing leaders participation in TONE education programs and other professional
activities to develop and refine management skills.
- To work to impact legislative changes that affect health care in the State of Texas.
- To collaborate with other nursing groups and health care entities to facilitate professional
development for the growth and advancement of nursing practice and patient care.
- To work with the licensing board on legislative changes that affect nursing practice.
- To participate in the development of standards of nursing practice.
TONE is the Texas chapter of the American Organization of Nurse Executives - AONE.